In an age of increasing specialization, decreasing availability of primary care providers, and increasing bureaucracy in accessing care, patients need to interact with care providers who can assess and treat their musculoskeletal complaints. However, what is even more necessary is a focus on wellness and health optimization. This is the wheelhouse of a chiropractor.
As primary care professionals for spinal health and well-being, doctors of chiropractic provide qualified, effective care that promotes health, alleviates pain and improves quality of life. Doctors of chiropractic are extensively educated in the assessment and management of conditions affecting the spinal and extremity joints and associated neurology, and based on examination findings and indication for care, the chiropractor will recommend a short course of care to help relieve pain and improve function.
Chiropractic patient management includes manual techniques with particular competency in joint adjustment and/or manipulation, myofascial/trigger point therapy, rehabilitation exercises, patient education in lifestyle and nutritional modification, and the use of adjunctive therapeutic modalities, orthotics and other supports.
The benefits of chiropractic care include:
- Relief from back and neck pain [http://lifeinmotionchiro.com/chiropractic-for-back-pain.htm] [http://lifeinmotionchiro.com/chiropractic-for-neck-pain.htm]
- Relief from headaches [http://lifeinmotionchiro.com/chiropractic-care-headaches.htm]
- Relief from pregnancy-related backache [http://lifeinmotionchiro.com/prenatal-chiropractic-care.htm]
- Correction of hip, gait, and foot problems [http://lifeinmotionchiro.com/active-care-rehabilitation.htm]
- Improved flexibility, stability, balance and coordination [http://lifeinmotionchiro.com/active-isolated-stretching.htm]
- Prevention of work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Treatment of sports related injury [http://lifeinmotionchiro.com/sports-injury-treatment.htm]
- Improved function and ability to better perform the activities of daily living [http://lifeinmotionchiro.com/posture-ergonomics-training.htm]
TO LEARN MORE: